Monday 9 July 2007

It ain't about how hard you hit......

Watching movies is one of my favourite past times, as this blog continues those of you who don't know me personally will come to realise this. They are a way to tell a story that is easily accessed by everyone, so when I blog a quote from a movie when they see it it they will get the power of it's message straight from the source.

I just finished watching the latest Rocky movie, here is the most memorable quote from it.

"You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you’re no good, then when things got hard you started looking for something to blame.

Let me tell you something you already know the world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows! It’s a very mean and very nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it.

Nobody hits as hard as life but It ain't about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward.

That’s how winning is done!

If you know what you’re worth then you’ve gotta go out and get what you’re worth, but you’ve got to be willing to take the hits and not point your finger and say, you ain’t where you want to be because of him or her or anybody, cowards do that and that ain’t you, you’re better than that! - Rocky Balboa

I often get people telling me, I'm so unfit look at that person they're so much quicker, stronger fitter than me. In the end that does not matter one little bit, in the end (and this is true for everyone!) the only things you have to compete with is yourself and life. Remember

"It ain't about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward.

That’s how winning is done! "

Gary Wagner
JuggernautPT
Be Unstoppable!

No comments: